Truespel Phonetics - for ESL, Grade School, and Beyond
( If you are reading this page printed on paper see it with clickable links at http://justpaste.it/truespelnow . )
The Need for Truespel
- Enhances learning ESL worldwide - see in Korean trials http://justpaste.it/koreatrials .
- Provides Need "phonetics" for USA Common Core k-1 http://justpaste.it/comcoreenglish .
- Enables “phonemic awareness” as per National Reading Panel http://reading.uoregon.edu/big_ideas/
Early Phonetics Does Work - Previous studies prove viability of a “Phonetic First” Reading Approach
- "Synthetic phonics" is implemented now for K-1 in UK http://bit.ly/1egMtIg video
- 1980’s IBM’s “Writing to Read” for K-1 with ETS evaluation http://bit.ly/17frEJc .
- Development started in 1986 followed by review and vetting via the internet over the years.
- USA English has been rewritten (63k words) with a converter at http://truespel.com/en .
- The four truespel books show many applications at http://authorhouse.com (keyword "truespel") .
- The truespel English "pronunciation guide" criteria is given here http://justpaste.it/truecriteria .
- Other English "pronunciation guide" systems don't measure up http://bit.ly/1twiAeX .
It’s Easy to Learn
- Truespel is the simplest possible English and keyboard friendly phonetic notation - no special symbols.
- It can be learned by teachers and literate ESL’s in less than an hour. http://justpaste.it/teachertrain .
- See me spell phonetically (which looks like phonics) as I talk at http://www.screenr.com/GXBN .
It’s Free and Virtual
- It is internet based and free. Search on “truespel” at http://youtube.com .
- I offer my services for free to teach, quality control, and develop truespel.
- Training is virtual and free, see http://justpaste.it/course2 and http://justpaste.it/teachertrain
- New first time integration of reading instruction, ESL, dictionaries, translation guides and data.
- New assessment techniques for phonemic awareness (ask students to type what they hear)..
- New remedial techniques for speech and hearing impairments.
- New ability to type pronunciation even as you speak http://www.screenr.com/GXBN
- New spreadsheet data techniques for evaluating phonemes (see http://justpaste.it/17vowels ).
- New Teacher awareness of how letters relate to phonetics in text (See http://justpaste.it/ayk )
- New Truespel Chart of Phonics/Phonetics Frequencies in print (See https://www.screenr.com/m8qN ).
The Future is Yours
- Teacher development for English phonetics is enabled based on a usable standard.
- English as the world's lingua franca and a phonetics modeled on it can make all languages pronounceable under truespel.
- Ancient or dying languages can be written, read and spoken phonetically and preserved.
- Keyboard unfriendly IPA phonetics can eventually be replaced with truespel See http://justpaste.it/ipachart
For truespel implementations let me know how I can help. Truespel is free as my gift for noncommercial use.
Thomas E. Zurinskas, creator of Truespel Phonetics, firstname.lastname@example.org