Are Vinyl Windows Better
If you've made the decision to restore your windows, you've probably already given a lot of thought to which material is best. Wood vs. vinyl windows? Aluminum vs. vinyl windows? Odds are you've also encountered a lot of conflicting information regarding these choices.
The good news is your choice doesn't have to be complicated. Because as soon as you do a head-to-head comparison, you'll note that vinyl is simply a much better choice than other materials. It's certainly better than aluminum windows and doors – which readily conducts heat and cold making them much less energy efficient. And, as you're about to discover, vinyl outperforms wood, too.
Sure, wood and vinyl windows may perform similarly as it pertains to energy efficiency, but considering simple installation, wood's high-maintenance requirements and the option of rich, textured, realistic woodgrain laminates for vinyl windows, vinyl becomes the outstanding selection for all these reasons:
- Low maintenance
- Great insulating value
- Beauty and appearance of wood without the hassle of maintaining it
- Strength and durability
- Excellent resistance to rotting, corrosion, salt air, termites and air pollutants.
When the comparison is wood vs. vinyl windows, vinyl clearly wins. Still have your heart set on the look of real wood? Let's take a closer look:
- Vinyl retains its finish – there's no need to sand, re-stain and repaint!
- Vinyl won't pit, peel or flake like wood.
- Vinyl holds as much as repeated use, maintaining its beauty year after year.
- The only maintenance vinyl usually required is just a quick washing, after which it it looks just like new.
- Beautiful, durable and realistic interior wood laminates are available today is a number of popular woodgrains such as oak, cherry and maple. Letting you have the rich look of wood in your home with the maintenance.
Need another reason vinyl is better? What about the fact that it's easier on the pocketbook – approximately 10% less expensive than wood. Plus vinyl windows give you a number of architectural choices and design options to pick from – styles, configurations and colors to perfectly complement your property and lifestyle. Oakville windows replacement
So might be vinyl windows better? Let's put it in this manner – over the long run, there's hardly any comparison as it pertains to wood vs. vinyl windows. Vinyl is the smarter choice!