Liposuction- All You Need to Know
Everybody wants to stay healthy & fit, isn’t it? But the major issue that people face is a higher accumulation of fat in the body. As we are all aware, higher fat content in the body can be extremely dangerous as it might cause many other health issues. Higher fat content might lead to heart attack, higher blood pressure, etc. So what is the solution to this problem? Well, there are several methods to deal with this issue. Few of them are invasive surgical methods with a higher chance of complications. But fortunately, there is a method to extract extra fat from your body without much complication. This method is known as Liposuction.
If you are also looking for a solution to your problem, then this article is for you. In this article, Dr. Deepesh Goyal explains everything about the liposuction method. Dr. Deepesh Goyal who is one of the best hair transplant surgeon in Jaipur is also a certified cosmetic & plastic surgeon with more than 10 years of experience. He has successfully handled more than 2000 surgeries.
It is a plastic surgery procedure that is used to remove extra fat from a person’s body. The subcutaneous fat that is accumulated just below the layer of skin is removed using this method. But one must remember that it is not a treatment for weight loss or overall obesity. It is to improve the contour of the body to improve aesthetics. It is a cosmetic procedure to reshape the body by removing extra fat from the body. It can also be used to treat some other medical conditions.
- Used to treat lymphedema which is a long-term condition. In this excess lymph accumulates in the tissue which causes edema or swelling. It is commonly seen in arms & legs. Liposuction can reduce the pain & swelling caused by this.
- Used to treat gynecomastia which is a disease related to man’s breasts. In this extra fat accumulates under breast skin which causes swelling, discomfort & pain. Liposuction can be used to treat this disease in men.
- Lipodystrophy Syndrome is a situation where fat from one part of the body reduces but the same accumulates in the other part of the body. Liposuction can be used to improve the appearance.
- This can be used when a person loses at least 40 percent of the weight to remove extra skin & other abnormalities. This is also useful to remove fatty tumors.
It helps to remove the fat cells that are accumulated under your skin. This is done through a high-pressure vacuum. A cannula is inserted in the body that is connected with the vacuum with a suction tube & fat cells are sucked out.
Targeted Body Areas-
Majorly targeted body areas are abdomen, buttocks, back, side fat, chest, hips, inner knees, arms, legs, neckline, outer thighs, inner thighs, etc.
It might take up to several months to get a visible result. Within 4 weeks the swelling goes away & the area becomes less bulky. The result is not permanent. It just reduces the number of fat cells in an isolated area. But the fat cells will increase over time & you might gain weight again. The shape of your body will depend upon various other factors such as your diet & level of exercise. You must ensure regular exercise to stay fit. Try to avoid food with extra fat. Increase intake of protein, fruits & vegetables, whole grain & low-fat dairy products to remain fit & to maintain the appearance after the treatment. Successful treatment with proper post-surgery care will show the following results-
Risks During Surgery-
- Reaction to anesthesia.
- Damage to other organs.
- Scars & burn marks.
- Nerve damage.
- Respiratory problem due to blood clotting.
- Infections & fat clots in the treated area.
- Death of skin cells that is also known as skin necrosis.
- Hematoma, Edema & Seroma in rare cases.
- Heart & kidney problems.
Risks During Recovery-
- Loose & bumpy skin.
- Body shaping issues in some cases.
- Numbness, swelling & soreness in the treated area.
- Change in skin color & skin sensation.
- Long-term infection & scars.
- Fluid imbalance in rarest cases.
The cost of treatment varies depending upon the amount of fat removed, body part & it also varies from places to places. You can expect the cost to be somewhere between Rs. 30,000-2,50,000.
Depending on your clinical history, the doctor will decide if the treatment has to be done with this method or not. You should disclose your complete clinical history with your doctor to eliminate the chances of future complications. Discuss the pain concern to decide anesthesia use. Depending upon the area of surgery, the doctor might use general anesthesia. But in some cases, if the area is small, the doctor will prefer using local anesthesia. Discuss your lifestyle to help the doctor develop a clear understanding of the situation. If you have a bad habit of smoking, drinking, or if you are addicted to drugs, it compulsory to disclose these facts to your doctor to ensure a successful surgery.
It is necessary to take all the medications prescribed by your doctor. Use the recommended compression outfits. Consume more fluids & try to relax. After this treatment, your body needs rest. Avoid salts to reduce the chances of edema.