How to Fix Freezing or Crashing of the Printer Error?
HP printers are known for their high-quality prints as well as great speed. However, the frequent issues caused by them cannot be ignored either. Sometimes your printer can freeze all of a sudden or crashes while printing. It is a common technical error among printers and it can be solved as well. Sometimes the virus attacks can also lead to this issue or there is not sufficient memory left. Hence to get to the depth of the issue and fix it, you can use the HP tech support number. the tech people will guide and help you with this issue.
To resolve the freezing or crashing issue with your printer, you can try performing a hard reset with your device:
- Turn on your printer.
- Wait for sometime till the printer is idle and silent.
- Now disconnect the USB cable from the back of the printer. There is no need to disrupt the network or wireless connection of your printer.
- Now remove all the ink cartridges from the printer.
- Keeping the printer on, remove the power cord from the back of the printer as well as from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a minute.
- Now plug the power cord back into the wall outlet. It is recommended to connect the power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Now reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Turn on the printer or wait if it automatically turns on.
- Wait for some time and let the printer get the warm-up done. It will make the printer silent and idle.
- Re-install the ink cartridges into the printer and then close the ink cartridge door.
- Print a calibration page if the instruction is given to do so.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the back of the printer if it is disconnected.
- Now try printing a test page.
You can also ask for technical support if these steps don’t fix the freezing or crashing issue. You can call on HP toll-free number and ask the tech experts to resolve the issue for you. They have a great knowledge base for such issues and can save a lot of your time and efforts. These issues are of a technical nature and it is not possible every time to resolve them without taking any outside help.