JustPaste.it

IAG contacted MJC employees about this particular situation

There are signs that fate will do nothing for Macau's horse racing. Relatedly, as stated in the Asian Race Report, "The number of horses in Macau has decreased from a peak of 1,200 20 years ago to about 220 now, while the number of races per year has decreased from 1,200 in 2003 to just one encounter with a small number of races per week. There is genuine concern among officials that MJC Chairman Angela Leung believes she was asked to "show the cause" to the government for failing to satisfactorily upgrade the facility as promised when MJC was approved for a 24-year concession extension. "

 

In addition, IAG contacted MJC employees about this particular situation, and they said, "The organization has not increased the number of employees since the pandemic, and has completely stopped hiring new employees." However, MJC has made some refurbishments to the club, including remodeling horse sheds and swimming pools, finalizing upgrades to the ground floor of major racing buildings, improving racetracks, and renewing computer systems. But as one of the trainers told the Asia Racing Report, it doesn't seem to be enough. "We still haven't heard when the first meeting of next season is, and we'll usually know by now. We are hearing that staff cuts could come soon. We don't know what's going on. Is the club cutting costs in an effort to continue? Or is it a sign that the end is near? I don't think even the officials know. We just want clarity."

 

It was also reported that "a shipment of 30 horses from Australia to Macau was sent from the Sydney quarantine facility at the behest of Macau authorities."

 

A new concern arose over the loss of income:

 

New concerns were raised after MJC said it had "accumulated losses of $2.1 billion ($260 million) in MOPs." In response, MJC noted, "Last year, horse racing revenue fell to $39 million ($4.8 million) from MOP $47 million ($5.8 million)."

 

MJC pledged $1.5 billion ($186 million) to help improve facilities, including restaurants and hotels, in exchange for a 24-year extension to August 31, 2042. This is a significant increase from the previous six-month extension approved  and the two-year extension approved . The long-term concession has been in the red every year since the concessionary owner Macau Racing Company posted a cumulative loss of $4.1 billion ($577 million), so the concessionary measures that MJC is struggling to resolve the deficit every year since the concessionary owner Macau Racing Company posted a cumulative loss of $4.1 billion ($577 million)

바카라