Unofficial Acustica Master List
Last updated: February 1, 2023 Added Aquamarine 5.
Numbers in parenthesis indicate their Core engine version. For those aquas without version numbers, assume Core6 or below.
Amber (13) - Avalon AD2055 equalizer and Avalon AD2044 optical compressor.
Amber PRE (channel-strip version)
OFF) preamp bypass
PRE1) AD2055 - EQ preamp stage (STEREO)
PRE2) AD2055 - EQ preamp stage (MONO)
PRE3) AD2044 - COMP preamp stage (STEREO)
PRE4) AD2044 - COMP preamp stage (MONO)
Amber PRE (stand-alone version)
1) Avalon AD2022 (Discrete Pure Class A - Stereo Mic Preamp) - Mic IN-OUT
2) Avalon M5 (Discrete Pure Class A - Mono Mic Preamp) - Mic IN-OUT
3) AD2044 - Stereo Pre - Line IN-OUT
4) AD2044 - Mono Pre - Line IN-OUT
Amethyst (17) - EQ A: Amek clone EQ, EQ B: Amek 9098r + Amek 9098 compressor + Amek 2500 & 9098 preamp options. Rupert Neve designed gear. 9098 has a smooth RND - 33609'ish flavor. (thanks @Will The Weirdo)
Aquamarine (19) - Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (formerly the Murano) and Langevin 258-A program EQ.
Gray 8x - PrismSound ADA-8XR
Gray d2 - PrismSound DREAM AD-2
Onyx Ens - Apogee Ensemble (Thunderbolt2 Black Version)
Platinum maker - Bettermaker Mastering Limiter
Yellow k3 - LAVRY ENGINEERING AD122-96 MK3
Yellow X - LAVRY ENGINEERING AD122-96 MX
Yellow S - LAVRY ENGINEERING AD-24-200 Savitr
Stedal Preset Notes:
"All of them have been sampled from real hardware objects, namely some simple (or sometimes not so simple) clipper circuits that I had lying around or made up for this specific occasion. And all of them exploit the behaviour of different electronic components when pushed to their limits.
The LED preset, for instance, takes advantage of the rather sharp clipping that a red light emitting diode produces whenever the input signal rises above its forward voltage (about 1.6 volt, in this case).
The way a FET (field effect transistor) clips is somewhat softer than the former, and even more so the clipper based on a pair of Germanium diodes. Actually, this preset (the infamous Stedal Diode) is maybe the smoothest of them all, even coming closer to a saturator rather than a pure clipper.
The two 'Trafo' presets were created by overdriving a smallish input transformer. In this regard, please note that in Ash you won't get any particular frequency response in any preset. Therefore these two 'Trafo' presets won't give you the classic low frequency saturation of an iron core; they are just meant to apply the clipping shape of an overdriven transformer to the whole frequency range.
Stedal Neon: In this case, the clipping element is a small neon lamp, which usually takes at least about 60 V to conduct. I had built a very aggressive sounding fuzz box based on this principle, so we thought that it could have been a good candidate for some extreme analog clipping. The 'Neon' preset you find in Ash has been sampled from that fuzz box, which, by the way, makes a fine show of itself also in the Aero fuzzbox collection. "
Azure (13) - Knif Soma Mastering EQ. Preamp is mastering engineer Zino Mikorey's signal path with the Soma hardware.
Volume A (Thanks @excelcruz for most of these)
1) Big Ceil - Ivy 828 (Focusrite ISA 828)
2) Brown - Cade BC-7A (RCA BC-7A)
3) Camel - Flax Lily (Trident Fleximix)
4) Cobalt - Lombardy Poplar 1 (Xelius custom tube microphone preamp)
5) Coffee - Arabica (Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer)
6) Navy – Germanium (AMS Neve Genesys, freebie that comes with Black)
7) Pimelea White Solitaire (Soundtracs Solitaire)
8) Taupe - Starwort 3200 (Soundcraft 3200)
9) Taupe - Starwort GP1 (Soundcraft GP1)
10) Taupe - Swiss Chard 69 (Studer 169)
Volume B (thanks again @excelcruz)
1) Aubrieta 024 (Audient ASP 8024)
2) Blond - Azalea NT-83
AUSO (Subsidiary of Siemens, Italian telecommunications division) - NT4/83 (Compact 4-channel solid state mixer specially made for RADIO TELEVISIONE ITALIANA.) (pics: https://imgur.com/a/60FSl9g )
3) Cobalt - Lombardy Poplar 2 (Xelius custom solid state preamps)
4) Honey - Liverwort (Harrison Alive Console)
This is a U.S.A mixing console from the late
1970s early 1980s - from web searches it would
appear that only 15 were made.
This is the same circuitry as the ‘flagship’ console of this renowned American manufacturer,
made famous for being used by the late, great
Sound Engineer Bruce Swedien.
Harrison 24 Channel 8 Buss Alive Console
There were only 15 Alive consoles built in 79'-80' so it's a rare find. I've been at Harrison for 30 years and I've never seen one.
Harrison Consoles 'Alive' 32 Channel Console, circa 1979
https://www.sweetwater.com/used/listings/31926-used-harrison-consoles-harrison-consoles-alive-32-channel-console-circa-1979 but the basics are: Only 15 of these were made
5) Phormium Joker (Mitec The Joker)
6) Pink - Jasmine 08 (API 1608)
7) Rain Lily LN2 (Raindirk Symphony LN1)
8) Taupe - Japanese Tea 3 (TEAC Model 3)
9) Taupe - Japanese Tea M208 (Tascam M208)
10) Taupe - Tulip 636 (MCI JH-636)
1) Loofah Pro (Lafont 40 channel console
This rare truly high quality analog console was
manufactured by a company that bears the
name of its designer, who has been developping audio equipment for the music and TV/film
This console shows quality of design and construction, attention to detail and sound...clean
Pongo Recording Studio
Lafont Audio Labs - Producer Console
Lafont Audio Labs
2) Cobalt - Lombardy Poplar 3 (more custom tube preamps from Xelius)
3) Blond - Montbretia 737 mk1
(pics: https://imgur.com/a/Nt19tbe )
4) Sand - Cherry 72-G (SSL 6072-G 72 channels)
5) Blond - Bidens (Binson Vintage Pre 6 ch)
Elfo Recording Studio
Studio Uno - Binson Vintage Pre (6 ch)
Binson Pre-Mixer Echo
Preamp and mixer, 6 channel all-tube 60s.
Binson was part of the rack formed by the pre-mixer, the ECHOREC legendary amplifiers.
6) Brown - Cade '74 (RCA/CADAC 1974 custom 24/16 desk, custom made by RCA Italia in 1974 for RAI Studio 1)
7) Blond - Sotol
A custom unit built by an italian manufacturer
(STATEC) that re-created the line/mic preamp
sound of a famous ‘Model 69’ UK console. The
desk is equipped with 8 channels capable of
giving presence to the sound and a texture that
gains character and a slight, pleasant harmonic
8) Neoregelia Se2 - Neotek Series II console
A vintage Recording Console, USA-made, from
the late 80s in mint condition and currently
in use. It combines outstanding sonic performance, high technical standards, and solid construction.
This specific desk model was used by many
artists including Jackson Browne, Rodaidh McDonald and more.
8 Neotek Series II channel strips and 8 P&G faders for sale
9) Million Bells HV8 (Millenia HV-3D-8)
clean and transparent preamplifiers of uncompromising sonic quality.
Elfo Recording Studio
Studio Uno - Millenia HV-3D-8 (8 ch)
An incredible sounding rare Mixer/Recorder in
great condition from a Japanese company, built
in the ‘80s. It’s not every day you see a gear of
this calibre, for this reason Acustica couldn’t
pass up the opportunity to sample this desk!
The original unit has 6 Channels which became
8 in total thanks to the combination of different
Akai Professional - MG614 (6 channel Mixer 4 track recorder)
Akai MG614 Demonstration
Volume D (thanks @patrick81 for most of these too and to "N" for corrections)
D01 FORSYTHIA ES400 - Faylon ES400
A high quality 8-channel analog console made
in Belgium, in good storage condition. There is
very little information about this model, which
increases its rarity even more.
Studio Nost recording in Vobarno
Studio Nost recording - Faylon ES400
JAPANESE ANEMONE ELITE - Otari Concept Elite 64 canali con patchbay integrata w/total recall
D04 ALCEA & HOLLYHOCK S8 - Allen&Heath System8 ahb (1980)
D05 - Camel - Tatsoi
Trident series Toft preamp EQ
Macwavestudio in Brescia - Italy
D06 - GREENROSE 8304 - GML 8304 Transformerless Microphone Preamp
D07 - DAHLIA IV - Daking IV (thanks Bleu)
D08 BLOND - ARTEMISIA 3800 - ARGENTINI EP3800 modulare
Extremely transparent vintage console featuring
8 Line/Mic preamps that faithfully recreate the
70s console experience as intended by one of
the greatest Italian designers ever.
A custom unit built from an Italian manufacturer
featuring eight different preamplifiers of uncompromising sonic quality.
Le Dune Recording Studio
Le Dune Recording Studio's Mic Preamp list
Anthony DeMaria V72a Tube Mic Preamp
GML 4Ch Transformerless Mic Preamp
Ridge Farm – Gas Cooker Mk II
D09 could be a combination of these preamps.
D10 AMETHYST HYACINTH 98 - Rupert Neve’s 9098i 56Ch
Blond (16) - Amplyvox PA591, Meazzi Factotum All Transistor, Geloso G-290-V, Davoli C.L. 600, EFT P300, ARGENTINI EP6000, Binson M18-4, Amavox PRE-MIX, ERI CM2014 and a Lombardi LComp2 (thank you Audiofader.com)
EQ Model A : ARGENTINI - EP6000 [ 24ch Console ]
EQ Model B : EFT - P300 [ Parametric Equalizer ]
Blond EQ - Preamp section
LINE PREAMP SELECTOR
LINE 1ch - Line23ch : ARGENTINI - EP6000 LINE Pre
LINE 24ch : EFT - P300 Pre
MIC PREAMP SELECTOR
MIC 1ch - Line23ch : ARGENTINI - EP6000 MIC Pre
MIC 24ch : EFT - P300 Pre
Blond Pre Mixer
EQ Model Button
OFF : Bypass EQ module
BSN : BINSON - M18-4 [18ch Console]
APX : AMPLYVOX - PA591 [5ch Solid-State Mic amplifier]
AVX1 & AVX 2 : AMAVOX - PRE MIX REGIA [8ch Tube Pre-Mixer]
MZI : MEAZZI - 440 FACTOTUM ALL TRANSISTOR [ 8ch all-transistor Tape Echo Pre-Mixer]
BSN PREAMP SELECTOR
BSN 1ch - 18ch : BINSON - M18-4
CUST PREAMP SELECTOR
APX : AMPLYVOX - PA591
AVX1 & AVX 2 : AMAVOX - PRE MIX REGIA
MZI : MEAZZI - 440 FACTOTUM ALL TRANSISTOR
GL1&GL2 : Geloso - G-290-V [5ch Tube preamps from a 1958 Italian-made unit ]
LINE EP 1ch - Line24ch : ARGENTINI - EP6000 LINE Pre
MIC EP 1ch - Line24ch : ARGENTINI - EP6000 MIC Pre
BSN 1ch - 18ch : BINSON - M18-4
APX : AMPLYVOX - PA591
AVX1 & AVX 2 : AMAVOX - PRE MIX REGIA
MZI : MEAZZI - 440 FACTOTUM ALL TRANSISTOR
GL1&GL2 : Geloso - G-290-V
FT1&FT2 : EFT - P300 Pre
CM2 : eri - CM2014 [FET Compressor/Limiter]
C60 : DAVOLI - C.L. 600 [FET Compressor/Limiter] ( including extra attack and release times )
LM22 : LOMBARDI - LCOMP2 [Stereo Optical compressor] ( added extra attack and release times )
CMS : eri - CM2014 single ratio (1.5:1) additional attack and release times + Hot tube preamp
LIM : eri - CM2014 single compression ratio (30:1) + Tube preamp
Blue - Chandler Germanium Tone Control
EQ Model 444 = Quad Eight EQ 444
EQ Model 312 = Quad Eight 312C EQ
EQ Model 511 = Electrodyne 511
Brown COMP = Federal AM-864/U
COMP1 = Custom mode
COMP2 = Original model
COMP3 = Frankenstein mode by Acustica
MIC&LINE = Quad Eight 248 Console
CUST1 = MAXSON CA-1589A (MONO Preamp stage)
CUST2 = Federal AM-864/U (Sotto il Mare recording studio’ in Italy and customized by Luca Tacconi)
CUST3 = ? Gates Sta-Level ? (MONO Preamp stage of a vintage All-Tube unit.)
CUST4 = Collins 12Z ch1
CUST5 = Collins 12Z ch2
CUST6 = Collins 12Z ch3
CUST7 = Gates MO-3689
CUST8 = Quad Eight 248 Console - First STEREO Bus
CUST9 = Quad Eight 248 Console - Second STEREO Bus
CUST10 = STEREO – Preamp emulation of the EQ Model 444
CUST11 = MONO - Preamp emulation of the EQ Model 312
CUST12 = MONO - Preamp emulation of the EQ Model 511
Camel (16) - Calrec PQ1785 (EQ A), Calrec DL1656 (Comp1 and Lim), Trident B Range (EQ B) and Trident CB 9146 (Comp2). Thanks noriokun for the Comp2 correction.
Preamps: 16 Trident B Range console line inputs, 16 Trident B Range microphone preamps plus :
Custom Preamps Trident B Range EQ (Custom 1), Stereo Preamp Mic 1 & 2 to Stereo Outputs L and R (Custom 2), Trident CB 9146 stereo (Custom 3) and Calrec DL1756 stereo (Custom 4).
MX: The Mix Processor (intended for tracks and group busses) plugin has a sidechain filter on the dynamics section.
MB: The Bus Processor (intended for the mix buss and mastering duties) replaces the dynamics sidechain with a crossover and adds a Dimension control (fixed frequency low shelf filter inside of the mid/side matrix) to replace the pan knob.
ME: Mastering Edition. Released a few months after the original by user requests. Cleaner frequency response than the hardware and summed signal controls.
Cobalt (16) -Acustica's first dynamic equalizer. Dynamic function is switchable. Officially endorsed by the hardware maker, Luca Martegani. LM 9736 equalizer (improvement upon the Pultec EQP-1a) and the LM 9804 Compressor (Altec Lansing Feedback Compressor improvement).
Coffee (15) - The Chandler Collection
• EQs: (A) Chandler Limited TG12345 Curve Bender and (B) Chandler Limited Germanium Tone Control.
• Compressors: (1) , (2) and (ULTRA) are a Chandler Limited RS124. (MODE 3/LIM) is a Chandler Limited TG12413 Zener Limiter
• Preamps: 31 in total.
1-24: 24 channel paths (line input to output). The frequency response (of each preamp) is derived from 24 different channels of a transistor-based solid-state console. The harmonic content (of each preamp) is derived from a recreation of a celebrated vintage Mic Amplifier (valve line amplifier) used in one of the most famous recording Studios in UK in the ‘60s.
A: EQ Model A's line preamp.
C25: REDD.47? "a tube microphone pre-amplifier emulation, the recreation of the original valve line amplifiers used in one of the best Britishrecording studios in the ‘60s."
E: line preamp of the TG12413.
F: line preamp of the RS124.
G: Little Devil Pre Amp (doesn’t include the Feedback control).
B: EQ - Model B's line preamp emulation of
D: a preamp emulation of a Germanium based Mono Microphone Preamp/ DI 500 series unit.
(The B and D emulations that are part of the FEED bank give the user the possibility to use the FEEDBACK control/knob.)
Coffee The PUn (15) - A portion of the Chandler Limited Germanium Tone Control. Freebie.
Cola (15) - (C-228) Cadac G228 EQ, (C-1671) Astronic 1671 9 band graphic EQ, (C-415) Vortexion Mixer and (C-505) Cadac A505 VCA (an ultra rare limiter/compressor, thanks AA Facebook Group).
Coral (13.5) - A hybrid mastering strip featuring an elliptical filter, transparent equalizer and a soft clipping compressor. SPL Iron mastering compressor and SPL PQ mastering equalizer inspired. Baxter is the freebie and is sampled from a Dangerous Music BAX EQ (thanks Andy McGroarty).
Cream (13) - EMI TG12345 solid state EQ (gray plate), "homebrew" tube EQ (green plate), EMI RS124 (tube), EMI TG12345 MKIV Compressor (solid state), EMI TG12345 MKII and MKIV consoles, EMI TR-50 and EMI TR-90. First acqua to feature a large assortment of line input and microphone preamp choices.
Crimson (11) - Vertigo Sound VSM-2 harmonics generator. Also Vertigo Sound VSC-2 compressor with added Asym (even harmonics) feature. This is Acustica's first featured dynamic saturation/distortion plugin.
D361A - Dolby D361A, AlexB sampling. (discontinued)
Diamond Color EQ (14) - Endorsed by Luca Pretolesi. Based on a CharterOak PEQ-1 and some other hardware. (thanks @Viking4)
Diamond Lift (17) - Endorsed by Luca Pretolesi. Saturation, EQ, compression and clipper channel strip. Combines a number of rack hardware including the Bettermaker Mastering Limiter & EQ 232P Mastering EQ. Maybe the Pendulum PL-2. Saturation is a combination of two preamps.
Diamond Transient (16) - Endorsed Luca Pretolesi, once again! It's his dynamic enhancement/transient designer chain. If you want loudness that still sounds punchy/dynamic, this is the one to get. Part of the chain is a dbx 3BX III.
Compressor Modes 1 Thick vaccuum tube, 2 Glue-like, 3. Snappy/aggressive
Clipper Modes 1, Mix of soft/hard clipping. 2, Softer knee than Mode 1. 3, Unfolding, hardware-like hard clipping.
Thanks @PhelixK and YouTube for the info.
Ebony (10) - Elektromesstecknik (EMT) 140 Plate Reverb.
• E111 equalizer: EMT 111 console EQ
• E411 equalizer: EMT 411 console EQ
• E82 equalizer: Eela broadcast 82 console EQ
• D112: EMT 111 console compressor (emulation of the compressor module included in a rare mixing console built in ‘70 by German company. The original design of the desk was simple (in a good way), making it easier to maintain / modify.)
• D277: EMT compressor/limiter 277 (a rare compressor, fairly transparent sound of many ‘70s and early ‘80s records.It’s characterized by a good line preamp inside.)
• D473: Neumann U473 or U473a compressor.
• D82: Eela broadcast 82 console EQ (Compressor module emulation of a rare/vintage Dutch “heavy duty” mixing desk.The company founded in 1975 is recognized as one of the companies who has been dedicated to developing, manufacturing and supplying professional audio products to the Radio Broadcast Industry.)
• Filters E118 are recreated and modeled after EMT filters 118
• Preamps: E111, E411, D112, D277, D82/S (stereo), D473/S Thank you Will the Weirdo for filling in the Ebony gaps...this one was tough!
Emerald (14) - Custom built hardware, loosely inspired by the Klein & Hummel UE 1000 equalizer. The curves practically have the same unique slope as the UE-1000, but the center frequencies are different and the active part of the circuit is more modern/cleaner.
The new (for version 2) E200 is a homebrew clone sampling of the Klein & Hummel UE-200. (thanks swartzfeger)
DYN591-612 : Altec 1591 (Optical Compressor ) and Altec 1612 (FET Limiter) 'Frankenstein' compressor
Preamp - 920 : EMI 920 Pre
Preamp - 591 : Altec 1591 Pre
Preamp - 612 : ALTEC 1612 Pre
• ERIN EQ ST - EAR 825Q
Gainstation (17) - Acustica's distortion box. If you find that other Acustica preamps are boring/imperceptible (except Diamond Lift), you need to try this one!
A combination of different modified saturation hardware. A Studio DMI/producer Mike Dean release. Features six preamps, four clippers and a Pultec style equalizer. Gainstation Boost is a simplified but still powerful version of Gainstation.
New for version 2, two new frequencies for the equalizer, new texture circuits (orange and black),
With Gainstation2 BOOST, an oversampling feature (at first for Acustica) has been added. Not included with the standard Gainstation2 plugin.
Gold (16) - The Neve collection
• 8066 EQ: Neve 1066
• 8112 EQ: Neve 33122
• 8193 EQ: EMI-Neve 1093 (Bell/peak mode, Neve 1081 with Marinair transformers)
• 8252 Compressor: Neve 2252
• 8254 Compressor: Neve 2254
8071 - 1271 line amp module modded to work as a mic preamp (Thick but not muddy)
24 line inputs and 12 mic inputs from an 8068 console. 10 bus channel paths of a random Neve gear (channel insert to bus output) A full list is available on GOLD3 user manual, page 66.
GR Bass - GR ONE series bass amp (One 350 or One 800)
GR Bass - AT 212 (2×12 Carbon Fiber bass cabinet)
AMERICAN DYNAMIC 57 - Shure SM57
AMERICAN RIBBON 10 - Royer Labs R-10
GERMAN CONDENSER 47 - Neumann U47 FET
GERMAN DYNAMIC 421 - SENNHEISER MD421
Green4EQMX: Mono Model 8200 equalizer aka GML 8200
Green4EQST: True Stereo GML 8200
Honey (13) - 1970s era Harrison 32C equalizer (homebrew and vintage sampling) and a feedforward VCA compressor.
Howie Weinberg Mastering Console (17) - The elite mastering engineer's hardware chain sampling.
Default Chain: DAC --> SPL Compressor --> Sontec Equalizer --> Filters --> Limiter --> ADC Clipper.
Compression modes affect attack/release times.
Oversampling the limiter is possible.
The HQ button enables FIR mode at the expense of CPU processing.
ADC C1 to C3 are in order of least aggressive clipping to most aggressive.
Antelope Audio Eclipse384
dCS : dCS - 954 DA Converter
Mytek : MYTEK - Brooklyn DAC＋
Indigo (17) - Collection of high quality mastering gear.
EQ 1: Fairman TMEQ (Tube Master EQ)
EQ 2: Hendy Amps Michelangelo
Compressor A: Airfield Audio Liminator 2
Compressor B: Requisite Audio Engineering L2M Mastering Limiter
Compressor C: Hybrid of A and B.
Stereo Shuffling Processor: Phaedrus Audio - Shuphler
Ivory (17) - Maselec MEA-2 equalizer (IAE2, year 2017 model), Maselec MLA-4 (Mac-3, multiband compressor/limiter), COMP 1B is a single band derivative of the MLA-4, DynEQ is a dynamic eq derived from MEA-2 & Comp 1B and DynEQ Stereo is a dynamic eq derived from IVORY3 STEREO and
Jade (17) - A versatile collection of hardware samplings. First plugin to introduce an Adaptive Latency channel strip.
• EQs: (A) Maag Audio EQ4, (B) Focusrite Red 2 and a hybrid of a (C1) Kush Audio Clariphonic MKII (note the 34k shelf setting) and a (C2) Lindell 6x500.
• Compressor: (D) compressor and (E) limiter are rumored to be a Crane Song STC-8.
Lemon (11) - The first Acqua delay. Features a huge collection of saturation flavors. It is the first Acqua to use Core 11 technology.
A1 - Amityville = Eventide Orville
A2 - Belt of Venus = Lexicon PCM 70
A3 - Your Love = Teac Cassete tape
A4 - Memories of tomorrow = EH Memory Man
A5 - Too Cool = TC 2290
A6 - 89 Degrees = Klark-Teknik DN780
A7 - Galatic Quadrant = Alesis Quadraverb
A8 - Answer 42 = Lexicon PCM 42
A9 - Enchanted Princess = AMS-Neve RMX 16
B0 - Cala Nova Sunrise = TC Nova Delay
B1 - Broken Tears = Roland Space Echo 150
B2 - Autumn in my heart = Echoplex (1st solid state from the 70s)
B3 - In the fire of spring = TC Electronic FireworX
B4 - Digital Dream - DIGITECH Studio Quad
B5 - Aiguille Du Midi = Alesis Midi Verb
B6 - Blue Marine Summer = Korg A3
B7 - NGC 480 = Lexicon 480l
B8 - Winter Magic = Nagra 4.2
B9 - Deep Ocean = Roland Dep 5
C0 - Back to the future = Echoplex (2nd solid state from the 70s)
C1 - Space Loneliness = Roland Space Echo 201
C2 - Infrared emotions = REVOX B77
C3 - Yellow Stones = MXR Digital Delay (or Flanger/Doubler)
C4 - Green Rain = REVOX A77
C5 - Orange Daylily = REVOX A700
C6 - Alone in the mist = Korg SDD-3000
C7 - Fairy Tale Princess = AMS DMX 15-80
C8 - Cristo Velato = Montarbo
C9 - Tokyo = Yamaha E1010
D0 - Pearl Echo = Pak 402
D1 - Lisbon = Cult of the knobs Voltage Controlled Analog Delay
D2 - Pink Kiss = Binson Echorec
D3 - 1 second before I die = Montarbo 453
D4 - Visions of September = Lombardi Mixer
D5 - Arizona = Fender Echo Reverb
D6 - Tallin = Krundaal Davoli Echo 2390
D7 - Creation of Adam = Krundaal Davoli
D8 - Milano = Semprini Echo-Mixer 707
D9 - She wants it = KURZWEIL Mangler
Magenta (13) - A suite of Manley Labs hardware samplings.
• EQs: (A) MASSIVE PASSIVE with extra mastering version filters (A) and (B) VOXBOX with extra mids band.
• Compressors: VOXBOX compressor section (B), (C1) STEREO VARIABLE MU Compressor Mode, (C2) STEREO VARIABLE MU Limit Mode, (D1) SLAM! optical a.k.a. ELOP and (D2) SLAM! FET
• Preamps: (A1) Massive Passive XLR in/out, (A2) Massive Passive Mastering Version XLR in/out, (B) VOXBOX Microphone in/Preamp Out, (C) Variable Mu Line in/out, (D) SLAM! Mono Mic input, (D MIC) SLAM! Stereo Microphone in and (D FLT) SLAM! Stereo Mic, 100 Hz high pass filter ON.
Maize (17) - Markbass - PP10 (Pure Precision stereo equalizer)
preamp emulation ( SOLID- STATE / VACUUM TUBE ).
Navy (14) - NAVY2 features a modern Neve 2081 equalizer sampling (A) from a Custom 75 Series console, AMS Neve 1081 Reissue (B) equalizer, a large selection of line inputs/microphone preamps/console busses, 2254 reissue compressor (COMP1) and 33609/JD (COMP2). The original NAVY featured a 2000s era Neve 1073 reissue preamp. Neve 1081 EQ reissue circuit. Unknown Neve console line outputs.
NICKEL STEREO EQ
Urei MODEL-546 DUAL PARAMETRIC EQUALIZER
NICKEL MONO EQ
Urei MODEL-546 MONO Version
rev H : Urei 1176 Silver face（Rev.H）
rev LN : Urei 1176 Black face（Rev.E）
Universal Audio 4110 Precision Channel Microphone Preamplifier
Line : Line Amp 1-4channel (with custom input stage transformers)
MIC : Mic preamp 1-4channel SHAPE OFF Modern mode (Modern preamp sound with no coloration)
SH1 : SHAPE1 Vintage mode 1-4channel (adds transformer saturation)
SH2 : SHAPE2 Saturate mode 1-4channel (maintains transformer color and adds soft limiting)
CUST EQ : Preamp from Urei MODEL-546 MONO Version
CUST EQ ST : Preamp from Urei MODEL-546 DUAL PARAMETRIC EQUALIZER Pre
CUST Rev H : Preamp from Urei 1176 Silver face（Rev.H）
CUST LN : Preamp from Urei 1176 Black face（Rev.E）
Opal (16) - Official Oram Sonics Hi-Def 55 EQ recreation. Standard plugin is just like the hardware. Extended plugin adds functionality.
Orange - Orban 672A
Version 2 added Core 17 changes, preamp oversampling and mid-side processing.
Pearl (9 with Ultramatch/sync)- Siemens ELA 75-15 Universal Equalizer and Auso-Siemens ELA 75-16 Compressor/Limiter. Just like the hardware, sales for this plugin are limited. The closest plugin to this that is for sale without limitation is the Emerald, as this was Siemens' response to the UE100/UE1000 mastering equalizers.
Pink (15) - Mostly Automated Processes, Inc. hardware.
• EQs: (A) API 550a, (B) 550b, (C) 5500, (D) CAPI LC53A, (E) Sound Workshop Series 30 (made by former API engineers in the late 1970s) and (780/PEQ) the 10-band graphic equalizer 560.
Unlike the hardware the equalizers have continuous gain and constant Q (bandwidth) options. Sum and difference (mid-side) matrix now available (PINK 4).
• Compressors: API 2500 (strip) and modified 2500 with crossover filters from TubeTech SMC 2B, Masalec MLA-3/4 and a custom filter by Acustica (2412/7236).
• Preamps: 16 console line inputs (new for PINK4) plus custom (CUST) preamps from PINK3: (1) API 512, (2) 550b EQ, (3) 2500 compressor, (4) distorted API 512c clone, (5) API 312 (maybe), (6) API 312 homebrew (maybe), (7) CAPI VP28, (8) CAPI LC53A EQ. and (9) Sound Workshop Series 30 (new for PINK4).
Purple (15) - Pultec EQP-1A (two variants, a vintage unit and a modern Warm Audio clone), Pultec EQH-2 (vintage), Pultec MEQ-5 (two variants) and Pultec HLF-3C (new for version 3).
Red - Free plugin. Joemeek VC5 Meequalizer
Ruby (13) - Officially licensed D. W. Fearn VT-4 and VT-5 equalizers.
Sand (14) - The Solid State Logic collection
• EQs: (A) 4000 G black knob, (B) 5000 brown knob, (C) 9000 J, (+E) homebrew black knob 4000 E-series and (+G) homebrew based on the SL 8000 GB (thanks gearnews.com)
• Compressors: (A) Console Quad Buss aka the glue, (C) Quad Buss comp with "modern" modifications and (D) 4000 G channel strip.
• Preamps: Microphone ins, line inputs and busses from a 4000 G console. The custom (CUST) setting (under SANDPRE) are the original Sand preamps: MIXa, MIXb, BUSa, BUSb and BUSc.
Scarlet (14) - Homebrew Sontec 432 inspired (close to the original, cleaner sounding) and an original 432C/9 sample. The main difference is the homebrew has 6 dB of range and the new 432C/9 has a +/- 9 dB range. The original may also not sound as "clean" as the vintage hardware clone. (old name was Scarlet MHE-400).
Sienna - The rooms/speaker/headphones correction plugin suite. (Thanks @sloansimpson and the AA Facebook Group!)
Currentl there are seven volumes of Sienna.
Acustica Audio's studio
-SUN118 Sub: Amphion One18 + FlexBase25
-VEGA3 Sub: Focal Trio6 Be + Focal Sub 6 BE
House Of Glass
-ANTARES7: ADAM S7A mk2
-SUN218 Sub: AMPHION Two18 + SUB 25
-SIRIO800(Sub): Bowers & Wilkin 800 + B&W DB1 Subwoofer
-ALDEBARAN: Avantone Mix Cube
-POLARIS5: PMC BB5 XBD-A
-RIGEL410: Quested HQ410
-NAOS10: Yamaha NS-10
-RIGEL208: QUESTED H208
-MERAK1: Meyer Sound HD-1
-ANTARES7 (Sub): ADAM SYSTEM A7X + Sub12
-VEGA9: FOCAL SM9
-SIRIO805: Bowers & Wilkin 805s Nautilus
Volume C Speakers
- BOSONA: Bose
- GIENAH: Genelec
Volume F (thanks Midiphones)
• F01 Studio: Attitude
ATIK50 : ATC SCM50ASL Pro (Pair) £13,500.00
VEGA6 : Focal Solo 6 BE Active Studio Monitor Speaker (Single) 1.020,00 €
• F02 Studio: Bach Studio
ATIK25: ATC SCM25A Pro Pair £7,800.00
ATIKcustom : ATC SCM custom
• F03 Studio: Bagnoli Bros
ATIK45 : ATC SCM45A Pro (Pair) £9,900.00
PROPUS100 : PROAC STUDIO SM100 Single : 2.825,00 €
• F04 Studio: Cambusa Wave
POLARIS2 : PMC IB2 (Pair) €7.914,37EUR
VEGA2: Focal twin 6be ? £1,145 Single
• F05 Studio: O.U.T.Side Studio
BELLATRIX27: Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 MM27 (Pair) £10,995.00
NEMBUS120: Neumann KH 120 A £468 Single
• F06 Studio: Turfu
ANTARES3SH: Adam S3H $2,799 Single
ATIK110 (Sub): ATC SCM110ASL Pro (Pair) £16,250.00
Silk EQ - Siemens W295b, Tim Petherick sampling. (discontinued)
Free Volume 1 - Sansui RA-500 ( Vintage Spring Reverb Amplifier)
Volume B - EMT 240 true stereo Gold Foil Plate Reverb, the little brother of Acustica's Ebony (EMT 140).
Volume G - Lexicon PCM 70 Digital Reverb
Volume H - Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb
Volume I - Unicord Univerb (Vintage Solid State Analog Reverb)
Volume J (Part 2) - TC Electronic SYSTEM 6000 [BANK 02 – REVERB B (MUSIC) ]
Volume M - KLARK TEKNIK DN780 Digital Reverb
Volume N - YAMAHA SPX1000 Multi Effect Processor
Compressor is a Gates/Retro Instruments Sta-Level
CUST - CMP : Retro Instruments - Sta-Level Pre
CUST - PM1 : Retro Instruments 500PRE MONO1 (three tube mic preamp)
CUST - PM2 : 500PRE MONO2
CUST - PST : 500PRE STEREO
Snow (17) - Rupert Neve Designs 5088 console EQ and preamps.
RND Portico II Master Buss Processor
Comp 053: RND 5043 Dual Compressor-Limiter
Comp CH2: RND Portico II Channel
EQ A - MCI JH-500
EQ B - MCI JH-600
EQ C - Studer 900
0 - Ampex MM1200, 15 IPS mono (great for rock and pop music)
1 - Ampex MM1200, 30 IPS mono (great for rock and pop music)
2 - Ampex 351, 15 IPS Stereo (tube pre, no tape)
3 - Ampex 351, 30 IPS Stereo (tube pre, no tape)
4 - EMI TR-50, Stereo 15 IPS
5 - EMI TR-50, Dual Mono 15 IPS
6 - EMI TR-50, Stereo 30 IPS
7 - EMI TR-50, dual mono 30 IPS
8 - MCI JH-110, Stereo 15 IPS
9 - MCI JH-110, Stereo 30 IPS
0 - MCI JH-110, Dual Mono at 15 IPS
1 - MCI JH-110, Dual Mono at 30 IPS
2 - MCI JH-24, mono at 15 IPS (useful on rap, dance and club music)
3 - MCI JH-24, mono at 30 IPS (useful on rap, dance and club music)
4 - MCI JH-110 (8 track), mono at 15 IPS (NAB)
5 - MCI JH-110 (8 track), mono at 15 IPS (IEC)
6 - MCI JH-110 (8 track), mono at 30 IPS (IEC)
7 - Otari MTR-90, mono at 15 IPS (go to for pop and R&B genres)
8 - Otari MTR-90, mono at 30 IPS (go to for pop and R&B genres)
9 - Otari MTR-100, mono at 15 IPS
0 - Otari MTR-100, mono at 30 IPS
1 - Studer A820, stereo at 15 IPS (C1 to C4 are great all around mix down choices)
2 - Studer A820, stereo at 30 IPS
3 - Studer A820, dual mono at 15 IPS
4 - Studer A820, dual mono at 30 IPS
5 - Soundcraft Saturn 824, mono at 15 IPS
6 - Soundcraft Saturn 824, mono at 30 IPS
7 - ReVox A77, stereo at 7.5 IPS (IEC)
8 - ReVox A77, dual mono at 7.5 IPS (IEC)
9 - ReVox A77, dual mono at 7.5 IPS (NAB) (lots of home studio musicians used A77 machines over the years)
0 - ReVox A700, dual mono at 15 IPS (semi pro tape machine of choice)
1 - ReVox PR900, stereo at 15 IPS
2 - Nagra IV, stereo (no speed given)
3 - Aiwa AD-F850, stereo cassette
4 - Aiwa Excelia XK-009, stereo cassette (perhaps the best cassette machine ever made)
5 - TEAC A-860, stereo cassette
6 - Wollensak (3M), stereo cassette deck. (No tape)
7 - AKAI 1710 (reel to reel, no tape)
8 - Sony PCM-7040 (digital, no tape)
9 - Alesis ADAT-XT20 (20-bit digital, no tape)
Pro tip: Click the ECONO button to preserve transients. This is very useful on electronic mixes.
To see a PDF list of the tape machines with pictures go here.
Features a new compressor based on the Western Electric RA-1593 Tube Compressor.
A combination of previously released compressors but this time with Hyper2 technology and expanded settings. Sibling to Ash in its capabilities and compressor curves.
2 - SAND - SSL G Bus Compressor
3 - ULTRAMARINE - Fairchild 660/670
4 – Tiger RA-1593 - Western Electric RA-1593 Tube Compressor
5 - MAGENTA B - Manley Labs VOXBOX
6 – MAGENTA C1 - Manley Labs Variable Mu Compress Mode
7 - MAGENTA C2 - Manley Labs Variable Mu Limit Mode
8 - MAGENTA D1 - Manley Labs SLAM! ELOP (optical)
9 - MAGENTA D2 - Manley Labs SLAM! FET
10 - PINK HARDKNEE - API 2500
11 - PINK MID KNEE - API 2500
12 - PINK SOFT KNEE - API 2500
13 - BLOND CM2 - ERI CM2014
14 - CAMEL - Calrec DL1656
15 – CREAM B - EMI RS124 (tube)
16 – CREAM C - EMI TG12345 MKIV (solid state)
17 - GOLD 8252 - Neve 2252
18 - GOLD 8254 - Neve 2254 (33609 has same basic design)
19 - IVORY - Single Band Maselec MLA-4
20 - DEEP SPACE SOFT - P11 Abyss
21 - AQUAMARINE - Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Opto Mode
22 - NICKEL - UREI 1176 Rev E or H
Titanium (13) - Tube-Tech SMC 2B Multiband Compressor and Tube Tech PE 1C. BASStard is a freebie plugin that contains the low frequency section of Titanium3 EQ but without an input trim.
Trinity EQ - Altec Interface Console EQ, AlexB sampling. (discontinued)
Tulip (18.5) - Philips/Polygram/Deutsche Grammophon console.
Polygram Phillips QUAD VCA Mastering Compressor Limiter
3675 EQ: Philips EL3675 EQ
8122 Stereo : Philips 22-RH-802 Hi Fi turntable Preamp
Ultramarine (13) - (A-70) vintage Fairchild 670, (A-27) homebrew Fairchild 627 equalizer, (A-64) vintage Fairchild 664 equalizer and (A-58) Fairchild model 658 Reverbertron Spring Reverb
Versatile - A hybrid between Amber and Green
• EQs: (1) Helios Type 69 console (solid state) peak/boost mode, (2) Helios 69 trough/cut mode and
(3) EAB RE85 - EQ section
1965 EAB RE85:
8 x 2 Tube Mixing Console
Water (13) - WSW (division of Siemens) Compressor/Limiter model 601430S with mods (use PRE3). 1968 vintage. WSW 436511 solid state passive equalizer, also with modifications (use PRE1 for mono or PRE2 for stereo emulation). 1961 vintage. Non-specified hardware modeled clipper.
White (17) - White Sound Mastering WSM PEQ-2.0 (solid state equalizer inspired by the Pultec EQP-1A)
FLT-2.0 - WSM DLP Dual Line Preamplifier, featuring nice steep roll off filters.
Found at Prime Studio(R) - Plug-ins (before sure to switch the language to English on the top right side)
(thanks @Avgatzeblouz for the following information)
Black EQ - Apparently a mixture of several devices (guesses : Neve 2068 and/or Neve 1077)
Black Comp - Again, could be a mixture, but smells a lot like a Neve 32264a or Neve 83065, with the addon of different attack times if it is the 32264a, and the lack of 3 release times (100ms and Auto 1&2)
- Black limiter : The limiter section of the 32264a or 83065, or a mixture of both.
Caribou Series - Elements from the Neve 8016 console (previously owned by Caribou ranch):
- Caribou Mix : Neve 1064 input + output stage + Eq
- Caribou Filter : Hi pass + Low pass filters + Input stage (preamp) of the Caribou Mix
- Caribou comp : Neve 2254/A pair of compressors from the same console.
Charly - Tube-Tech SSA 2B Stereo summing amplifier (thanks @BearOnGuitar )
Hubbard Squash - Possibly a GML Nova Research Series 7000 Preamp / EQ Module. Very hard to figure out.
Sparkle Series - All elements from an EMI TG 12345 Mark IV/Q console :
- Prime Curve : Eq
- Prime Comp : Compressor
- Prime Mix : input + output stage of 6 different channels (includes Hipass filter and bass Eq)
Offline Acqua Installation (PC Only, VST 2.4)
(credit to RJHollins and Will the Weirdo)
Note: This method is NOT officially supported by Acustica Audio. Whenever they update frameworks, there could be issues. Also, If you haven't enabled file name suffixes/extensions, you will need to. Follow this guide: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-file-extensions-in-windows
1. Copy the Acqua folder and associated files from your internet connected DAW's VST location (or the zipped files from your staging area) to your offline DAW's VST folder. You can find these locations in your DAW preferences or the Aquarius preferences Installation tab (gear button, upper right)
Typically these are a folder with [aqua name] so PINK3, for example. This folder contains .N2V files. Then the following files with [aquaname] before them:
2. Copy the NEBULAFRAMEWORKx64.aqu file from your internet connected C:\Windows\System32 to your offline DAW's Windows32 folder.
3. Copy the NEBULAFRAMEWORKx64.aqu file from your internet connected C:\Windows\System32 to your offline DAW's VST folder as well.
4. Copy all the files from the Acqua Staging area's FRAMEWORK/NEBULAFRAMEWORK folder to your offline Windows32 folder. Again, you can find the staging area on the Aquarius' Installation tab, which is inside preferences (gear icon at the upper right corner of the application).
5. Get your authorization from the AA site. Login and then click the stick figure person icon (third from right side) and then click licenses. Copy that .AUT file into the VST folder (same folder as the [aqua name].dll is located. So for the PINK3 plugin look for PINK3.dll . The authorization file should be PINK.aut and so on.
Core7: First released with Navy in October 2015. Major CPU and RAM usage enhancements. Zero latency plugins made possible.
Core8: First released with Amethyst and Pink in April 2016. Further computer performance enhancement and major compressor behavior progress. ShMod feature introduced with Pink2412.
Core9: First released with Sand in September 2016. Introduced Ultrasync technology for the equalizers (error minimization) along with internal routing controls. AAX performance enhancements. Since Titanium2's December 2016 release, compressors have Ultramatch technology. Ultramatch minimizes digital compression curves errors
Core10 (aka Core X): Cobalt was the first to officially receive the Core X engine. It provides faster compression timings for more accurate hardware emulation. A multi-input system. CPU savings with a blending algorithm that reduces the number of instances. The plug-in signal no longer exceeds +3 dB.
There's also a new hard clipping algorithm.
Core11: - Introduction of new Delay and Pre-delay modules.
- Implementation of High Efficiency Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling (SASM), a high performance saturation algorithm/harmonic distortion modeling characterized by a significantly smaller number of digital artifacts.
Core12: - Released March 2018 with PINK2. Features:
• Upgraded SASM (Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling) high performance saturation algorithm;
• Introduction of a new post-production sample de-noising tech for cleaner deconvolved impulses called STT (Super transient technology);
• Full compatibility with Client/Server architecture integrated by default in Acqua plugins;
• Engine optimization introducing a new highly efficient algorithm. This innovative technique is applied to all the deconvolved impulses for further de-noise processing and subsequent elimination of any incorrect low-level behavior (including the so-called "echo bug").
Core13: - Released November 2018 with TAUPE. New feature:
• VLA™ technology (Vector Loading Acceleration), which makes the response of the plugin much faster.
Core14: - Released August 2019 with NAVY2. The big new feature is the IRIS deep learning artificial intelligence technology. Other updates from Core13 include:
- AI allows you to replicate the actions of a mixing and mastering engineer and predict the settings he/she would make on the audio input of the plugin, imitating his/her style.
- New Nebula Universal Wrapper v2 (NUW)
- Inference engine based on Tensorflow models, arranged in smart presets
- JUCE framework upgraded to version 4.3.1
- Backward compatibility with NUW v1
- VST3 SDK upgraded to version 3.6.7
- AAX SDK upgraded to version 2.3.2
- Native side-chain support for AAX, VST3 and AU
- Completely new, overhauled input/output, bus/channel management
- Support for VST3 64 bit processing
- Improved AU channel handling
- Fixed FL Studio VST3 issues
- Fixed Cubase and Nuendo macOS VST3 crash with plug-in A/B button
- Fixed double engine instantiation
- New metering engine (EVFb)
- VU with various filter types (IEC A, B, C, D, Z, BS.1770) and various standards (DIN, Nordic, North American, EBU, Standard)
- EBU R128 (short-term, momentary and integral) - RMS (EBU, K20, K14, K12)
- Core optimisations
- Better internal ruoting (blender engine that can work in various positions of the DSP chain of each internal instance)
- Direct access mode of the follower envelopes, better synchronization between the various elements)
- PPM (peak, true peak with oversampling)
Core15: - Released in February 2020 with JADE.
Enhanced Harmonic Response Technology
Dynamic Routing™ control technology: The behavior and the sound of dynamic processors may vary further due to different block configurations.
Core16: - Released in July 2020 with Green4
For more Core information visit Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio .
Giancarlo's post has more technical details about the Core engines: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12119768-post18.html
• List of Acqua PDF Manuals