Unofficial Acustica Master List
Last updated: April 17, 2019 by doom64
Numbers in parenthesis indicate their Core engine version. For those aquas without version numbers, assume Core6 or below.
Amber (13) - Avalon AD2055 equalizer and Avalon AD2044 optical compressor.
Amethyst (10) - EQ A: Amek clone EQ, EQ B: Amek 9098r + Amek 9098 compressor + Amek 2500 & 9098 preamp options. Rupert Neve designed gear. 9098 has a smooth RND - 33609'ish flavor. (thanks @Will The Weirdo)
Aquamarine (8) - Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (formerly the Murano)
Azure (11) - Knif Soma Mastering EQ. Preamp is mastering engineer Zino Mikorey's signal path with the Soma hardware.
Blue - Chandler Germanium Tone Control
Cobalt (10) -Acustica's first dynamic equalizer. Dynamic function is switchable. Officially endorsed by the hardware maker, Luca Martegani. LM 9736 equalizer (improvement upon the Pultec EQP-1a) and the LM 9804 Compressor (Altec Lansing Feedback Compressor improvement).
Coral (9) - A hybrid mastering strip featuring an elliptical filter, transparent equalizer and a soft clipping compressor. SPL Iron mastering compressor and SPL PQ mastering equalizer inspired.
Cream (13) - EMI TG12345 solid state EQ (gray plate), "homebrew" tube EQ (green plate), EMI RS124 (tube), EMI TG12345 MKIV Compressor (solid state), EMI TG12345 MKII and MKIV consoles, EMI TR-50 and EMI TR-90.
Crimson (11) - Vertigo Sound VSM-2 harmonics generator. Also Vertigo Sound VSC-2 compressor with added Asym (even harmonics) feature. This is Acustica's first featured dynamic saturation/distortion plugin.
D361A - Dolby D361A, AlexB sampling. (discontinued)
Diamond Color EQ (13) - Endorsed by Luca Pretolesi. Based on a CharterOak PEQ-1 and some other hardware. (thanks @Viking4)
Diamond Lift (13) - Endorsed by Luca Pretolesi. Saturation, EQ, compression and clipper channel strip. Combines a number of rack hardware including the Bettermaker Mastering Limiter & EQ 232P Mastering EQ. Maybe the Pendulum PL-2. Saturation is a combination of two preamps.
Compressor Modes 1 Thick vaccuum tube, 2 Glue-like, 3. Snappy/aggressive
Clipper Modes 1, Mix of soft/hard clipping. 2, Softer knee than Mode 1. 3, Unfolding, hardware-like hard clipping.
Thanks @PhelixK and YouTube for the info.
Ebony (10) - Elektromesstecknik (EMT) 140 Plate Reverb.
• E111 equalizer: EMT 111 console EQ
• E411 equalizer: EMT 411 console EQ
• E82 equalizer: Eela broadcast 82 console EQ
• D112: EMT 111 console compressor (emulation of the compressor module included in a rare mixing console built in ‘70 by German company. The original design of the desk was simple (in a good way), making it easier to maintain / modify.)
• D277: EMT compressor/limiter 277 (a rare compressor, fairly transparent sound of many ‘70s and early ‘80s records.It’s characterized by a good line preamp inside.)
• D473: Neumann U473 or U473a compressor.
• D82: Eela broadcast 82 console EQ (Compressor module emulation of a rare/vintage Dutch “heavy duty” mixing desk.The company founded in 1975 is recognized as one of the companies who has been dedicated to developing, manufacturing and supplying professional audio products to the Radio Broadcast Industry.)
• Filters E118 are recreated and modeled after EMT filters 118
• Preamps: E111, E411, D112, D277, D82/S (stereo), D473/S Thank you Will the Weirdo for filling in the Ebony gaps...this one was tough!
Emerald (7) - Custom built hardware, loosely inspired by the Klein & Hummel UE 1000 equalizer. The curves practically have the same unique slope as the UE-1000, but the center frequencies are different and the active part of the circuit is more modern/cleaner
Gold (12) - The Neve collection
• 8066 EQ: Neve 1066
• 8112 EQ: Neve 33122
• 8193 EQ: EMI-Neve 1093 (Bell/peak mode, Neve 1081 with Marinair transformers)
• 8052 Compressor: Neve 2252
• 8054 Compressor: Neve 2254
8071 - 1271 line amp module modded to work as a mic preamp (Thick but not muddy)
Honey (7) - 1970s era Harrison 32C equalizer + Harrison console preamp
Ivory (13) - Maselec MEA-2 equalizer (IAE2, year 2017 model), Maselec MLA-4 (Mac-3, multiband compressor/limiter), COMP 1B is a single band derivative of the MLA-4, DynEQ is a dynamic eq derived from MEA-2 & Comp 1B and DynEQ Stereo is a dynamic eq derived from IVORY3 STEREO and
Lemon (11) - The first Acqua delay. Features a huge collection of saturation flavors. It is the first Acqua to use Core 11 technology.
A1 - Amityville = Eventide Orville
A2 - Belt of Venus = Lexicon PCM 70
A3 - Your Love = Teac Cassete tape
A4 - Memories of tomorrow = EH Memory Man
A5 - Too Cool = TC 2290
A6 - 89 Degrees = Klark-Teknik DN780
A7 - Galatic Quadrant = Alesis Quadraverb
A8 - Answer 42 = Lexicon PSP 42
A9 - Enchanted Princess = AMS-Neve RMX 16
B0 - Cala Nova Sunrise = TC Nova Delay
B1 - Broken Tears = Roland Space Echo 150
B2 - Autumn in my heart = Echoplex (1st solid state from the 70s)
B3 - In the fire of spring = TC Electronic FireworX
B4 - Digital Dream - DIGITECH Studio Quad
B5 - Aiguille Du Midi = Alesis Midi Verb
B6 - Blue Marine Summer = Korg A3
B7 - NGC 480 = Lexicon 480l
B8 - Winter Magic = Nagra 4.2
B9 - Deep Ocean = Roland Dep 5
C0 - Back to the future = Echoplex (2nd solid state from the 70s)
C1 - Space Loneliness = Roland Space Echo 201
C2 - Infrared emotions = REVOX B77
C3 - Yellow Stones = MXR Digital Delay (or Flanger/Doubler)
C4 - Green Rain = REVOX A77
C5 - Orange Daylily = REVOX A700
C6 - Alone in the mist = Korg SDD-3000
C7 - Fairy Tale Princess = AMS DMX 15-80
C8 - Cristo Velato = Montarbo
C9 - Tokyo = Yamaha E1010
D0 - Pearl Echo = Pak 402
D1 - Lisbon = Cult of the knobs Voltage Controlled Analog Delay
D2 - Pink Kiss = Binson Echorec
D3 - 1 second before I die = Montarbo 453
D4 - Visions of September = Lombardi Mixer
D5 - Arizona = Fender Echo Reverb
D6 - Tallin = Krundaal Davoli Echo 2390
D7 - Creation of Adam = Krundaal Davoli
D8 - Milano = Semprini Echo-Mixer 707
D9 - She wants it = KURZWEIL Mangler
Magenta (13) - A suite of Manley Labs hardware samplings.
• EQs: (A) MASSIVE PASSIVE with extra mastering version filters (A) and (B) VOXBOX with extra mids band.
• Compressors: VOXBOX compressor section (B), (C1) STEREO VARIABLE MU Compressor Mode, (C2) STEREO VARIABLE MU Limit Mode, (D1) SLAM! optical a.k.a. ELOP and (D2) SLAM! FET
• Preamps: (A1) Massive Passive XLR in/out, (A2) Massive Passive Mastering Version XLR in/out, (B) VOXBOX Microphone in/Preamp Out, (C) Variable Mu Line in/out, (D) SLAM! Mono Mic input, (D MIC) SLAM! Stereo Microphone in and (D FLT) SLAM! Stereo Mic, 100 Hz high pass filter ON.
Murano - Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (now called Aquamarine)
Navy (7) - 2000s era Neve 1073 reissue preamp. Neve 1081 EQ reissue circuit. Unknown Neve console line outputs.
Ochre - Free Acustica Audio homebrew equalizer, inspired by the Scientific Audio Electronics (SAE) 2800 equalizer. Features a bridged-T topology (like a Sontec 432), modern opamps and a Sowter output transformer.
Orange - Orban 672A
Pearl (9 with Ultramatch/sync)- Siemens ELA 75-15 Universal Equalizer and Auso-Siemens ELA 75-16 Compressor/Limiter. Just like the hardware, sales for this plugin are limited. The closest plugin to this that is for sale without limitation is the Emerald, as this was Siemens' response to the UE100/UE1000 mastering equalizers.
Pink (13) - Mostly Automated Processes, Inc. hardware.
• EQs: (A) API 550a, (B) 550b, (C) 5500, (780/PEQ) 560 and (D) CAPI LC53A Unlike the hardware the equalizers have continuous gain and constant Q (bandwidth) options.
• Compressors: API 2500 (strip) and modified 2500 with crossover filters from TubeTech SMC 2B, Masalec MLA-3/4 and a custom filter by Acustica (2412/7236).
• Preamps: (1) API 512, (2) 550b EQ, (3) 2500 compressor, (4) distorted API 512c clone, (5) API 312 (maybe), (6) API 312 homebrew (maybe), (7) CAPI VP28 and (8) CAPI LC53A EQ.
Purple (13) - Pultec EQP-1A (two variants, a vintage unit and a modern Warm Audio clone), Pultec EQH-2 (vintage) and Pultec MEQ-5 (two variants)
Red - Free plugin. Joemeek VC5 Meequalizer
Ruby (13) - Officially licensed D. W. Fearn VT-4 and VT-5 equalizers.
Sand (13) - Solid State Logic 4000 G+ (Ea, black knob)
and 5000 (Eb, brown knob) equalizer + SSL G Series Master Buss compressors (2 flavors)
Scarlet MHE-400 (8) - Homebrew Sontec 432 inspired (close to the original, cleaner sounding)
Silk EQ - Siemens W295b, Tim Petherick sampling. (discontinued)
EQ A - MCI JH-500
EQ B - MCI JH-600
EQ C - Studer 900
0 - Ampex MM1200, 15 IPS mono (great for rock and pop music)
1 - Ampex MM1200, 30 IPS mono (great for rock and pop music)
2 - Ampex 351, 15 IPS Stereo (tube pre, no tape)
3 - Ampex 351, 30 IPS Stereo (tube pre, no tape)
4 - EMI TR-50, Stereo 15 IPS
5 - EMI TR-50, Dual Mono 15 IPS
6 - EMI TR-50, Stereo 30 IPS
7 - EMI TR-50, dual mono 30 IPS
8 - MCI JH-110, Stereo 15 IPS
9 - MCI JH-110, Stereo 30 IPS
0 - MCI JH-110, Dual Mono at 15 IPS
1 - MCI JH-110, Dual Mono at 30 IPS
2 - MCI JH-24, mono at 15 IPS (useful on rap, dance and club music)
3 - MCI JH-24, mono at 30 IPS (useful on rap, dance and club music)
4 - MCI JH-110 (8 track), mono at 15 IPS (NAB)
5 - MCI JH-110 (8 track), mono at 15 IPS (IEC)
6 - MCI JH-110 (8 track), mono at 30 IPS (IEC)
7 - Otari MTR-90, mono at 15 IPS (go to for pop and R&B genres)
8 - Otari MTR-90, mono at 30 IPS (go to for pop and R&B genres)
9 - Otari MTR-100, mono at 15 IPS
0 - Otari MTR-100, mono at 30 IPS
1 - Studer A820, stereo at 15 IPS (C1 to C4 are great all around mix down choices)
2 - Studer A820, stereo at 30 IPS
3 - Studer A820, dual mono at 15 IPS
4 - Studer A820, dual mono at 30 IPS
5 - Soundcraft Saturn 824, mono at 15 IPS
6 - Soundcraft Saturn 824, mono at 30 IPS
7 - ReVox A77, stereo at 7.5 IPS (IEC)
8 - ReVox A77, dual mono at 7.5 IPS (IEC)
9 - ReVox A77, dual mono at 7.5 IPS (NAB) (lots of home studio musicians used A77 machines over the years)
0 - ReVox A700, dual mono at 15 IPS (semi pro tape machine of choice)
1 - ReVox PR900, stereo at 15 IPS
2 - Nagra IV, stereo (no speed given)
3 - Aiwa AD-F850, stereo cassette
4 - Aiwa Excelia XK-009, stereo cassette (perhaps the best cassette machine ever made)
5 - TEAC A-860, stereo cassette
6 - Wollensak (3M), stereo cassette deck. (No tape)
7 - AKAI 1710 (reel to reel, no tape)
8 - Sony PCM-7040 (digital, no tape)
9 - Alesis ADAT-XT20 (20-bit digital, no tape)
Pro tip: Click the ECONO button to preserve transients. This is very useful on electronic mixes.
To see a PDF list of the tape machines with pictures go here.
Tan (8) - IGS Audio Multicore Compressor (one band)
Titanium (13) - Tube-Tech SMC 2B Multiband Compressor and Tube Tech PE 1C. BASStard is a freebie plugin that contains the low frequency section of Titanium3 EQ but without an input trim.
Trinity EQ - Altec Interface Console EQ, AlexB sampling. (discontinued)
Ultramarine (9) - Fairchild 670
Versatile - A hybrid between Amber and Green
• EQs: (1) Helios Type 69 console (solid state) peak/boost mode, (2) Helios 69 trough/cut mode and (3) Siemens console (tube)
Water (13) - WSW (division of Siemens) Compressor/Limiter model 601430S with mods (use PRE3). 1968 vintage. WSW 436511 solid state passive equalizer, also with modifications (use PRE1 for mono or PRE2 for stereo emulation). 1961 vintage. Non-specified hardware modeled clipper.
White (8) - White Sound Mastering WSM PEQ-2.0 (solid state equalizer inspired by the Pultec EQP-1A)
Found at Prime Studio(R) - Plug-ins (before sure to switch the language to English on the top right side)
(thanks @Avgatzeblouz for the following information)
Black EQ - Apparently a mixture of several devices (guesses : Neve 2068 and/or Neve 1077)
Black Comp - Again, could be a mixture, but smells a lot like a Neve 32264a or Neve 83065, with the addon of different attack times if it is the 32264a, and the lack of 3 release times (100ms and Auto 1&2)
- Black limiter : The limiter section of the 32264a or 83065, or a mixture of both.
Caribou Series - Elements from the Neve 8016 console (previously owned by Caribou ranch):
- Caribou Mix : Neve 1064 input + output stage + Eq
- Caribou Filter : Hi pass + Low pass filters + Input stage (preamp) of the Caribou Mix
- Caribou comp : Neve 2254/A pair of compressors from the same console.
Charly - Tube-Tech SSA 2B Stereo summing amplifier (thanks @BearOnGuitar )
Hubbard Squash - Possibly a GML Nova Research Series 7000 Preamp / EQ Module. Very hard to figure out.
Sparkle Series - All elements from an EMI TG 12345 Mark IV/Q console :
- Prime Curve : Eq
- Prime Comp : Compressor
- Prime Mix : input + output stage of 6 different channels (includes Hipass filter and bass Eq)
Core7: First released with Navy in October 2015. Major CPU and RAM usage enhancements. Zero latency plugins made possible.
Core8: First released with Amethyst and Pink in April 2016. Further computer performance enhancement and major compressor behavior progress. ShMod feature introduced with Pink2412.
Core9: First released with Sand in September 2016. Introduced Ultrasync technology for the equalizers (error minimization) along with internal routing controls. AAX performance enhancements. Since Titanium2's December 2016 release, compressors have Ultramatch technology. Ultramatch minimizes digital compression curves errors
Core10 (aka Core X): Cobalt was the first to officially receive the Core X engine. It provides faster compression timings for more accurate hardware emulation. A multi-input system. CPU savings with a blending algorithm that reduces the number of instances. The plug-in signal no longer exceeds +3 dB.
There's also a new hard clipping algorithm.
Core11: - Introduction of new Delay and Pre-delay modules.
- Implementation of High Efficiency Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling (SASM), a high performance saturation algorithm/harmonic distortion modeling characterized by a significantly smaller number of digital artifacts.
Core12: - Released March 2018 with PINK2. Features:
• Upgraded SASM (Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling) high performance saturation algorithm;
• Introduction of a new post-production sample de-noising tech for cleaner deconvolved impulses called STT (Super transient technology);
• Full compatibility with Client/Server architecture integrated by default in Acqua plugins;
• Engine optimization introducing a new highly efficient algorithm. This innovative technique is applied to all the deconvolved impulses for further de-noise processing and subsequent elimination of any incorrect low-level behavior (including the so-called "echo bug").
Core13: - Released November 2018 with TAUPE. New feature:
• VLA™ technology (Vector Loading Acceleration), which makes the response of the plugin much faster.
For more Core information visit Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio .
Giancarlo's post has more technical details about the Core engines: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12119768-post18.html
• List of Acqua PDF Manuals
• Official Acqua Dealers (discounted rates)