Fiber Optic Technician Job Description:
Typically, this type of technician is also known as a Fiber Network Technician or as a Fiber Network Field Technician. Fiber optics technicians work in a variety of building types, from large to multi-story office buildings to small housing communities.
The following list defines the primary official responsibilities of a Fiber Optics Technician:
- Set up, troubleshoot, and maintain all fiber optic systems within a business, private home, university campus, and at other related administrations facilities by ensuring that they are all working correctly.
- Evaluates, tests, and repairs old or malfunctioning fiber cables along with scheduled preventive maintenance routines.
- Locate, cut, splice and repair fiber optic cable problem areas
- Generate sensor indicators and execute inspections ensuring the fiber optic systems do not contain faults that could destabilize its performance.
- Conducts regular inspections of the assigned system and repairs any defects recognized.
- Performs premises cabling and runs fiber optic cables underground and underwater.
- Measures the signal strength of television, telephone, and internet data connections to ensure adequate performance within desired parameters.
- Prepares, and maintains system records and system diagrams.
read more : Fiber Optics Technician Jobs