How to Take a Screenshot on Mac, MacBook Pro?
How to take a screenshot on Mac; If you are a user of Apple’s Mac, you must know about specific keyboard shortcuts to capture the screen of your MacBook. This article discusses how you can take screenshot with Mac by using keyboard shortcuts or a third party app letting the user take screen shots remotely.
Moreover, you can find here how you can save your screenshot on desktop, open and delete screenshots by using simple tools.
Keyboard Shortcuts to Take Screenshot on Mac or Macbook Pro
It is very easy to take a screenshot on MacBook and MacBook Pro if you use your fingertips right. By pressing a few buttons, you can capture whatever appears on the screen of your Mac machine.
We have discussed here 3 keyboard shortcuts, which window you want to capture the screen of your Apple computer. Let’s read on “how to screenshot on a Mac?”
How to Take a Screenshot in Mac and MacBook Pro?
Command+Shift+3 (Take Screenshot of the whole screen on Mac)
By pressing Command+Shift+3, you can instantly capture the screen of your Mac device. It will take a screenshot of the whole screen.
Shift+Command+4 (Capture Specific portion of your Mac screen)
If you want to capture a specific portion of your Mac screen, you need to use this shortcut.
- Press Shift+Command+4 to turn the cursor into a crosshair.
- Now, click and drag the crosshair to select the portion of your screen that you want to capture.
- There are many ways to take a screen shot after using. Shift+Command+4. Some of them are discussed below.
Press and Release the Space Bar
Once you turn the cursor into crosshair by pressing Shift+Command+4;
You can turn the crosshair into a little camera icon by tapping and releasing the space bar.
You can move that camera icon over any open window.
- Then, You can click on any open window to take a screenshot of it.
- The screenshot taken with this particular method features a border around the captured image with a drop shadow.
- Third-Party Software for Screenshot With Mac
- There is a software application that lets you take screenshots on a Mac device without taking it into custody.
- Remaining anywhere you can track your MacBook and can send the command to the computer device remotely.
- The tracker software for Mac computers enables the user to keep track of the digital behavior of their concerned persons.
- The software allows watching out activities performed on a Mac machine by someone else.
- The user of the tracker software can monitor the screen of the Mac computer by capturing a screenshot or getting the screen recorded without accessing the computer.
- Read on to know how you can use the software to take a screenshot on Mac without having physical access.
- Know more: How to Split Multiple Page PDF into Separate Files
- Download the Mac Tracker App
- Firstly, you need to download the tracking app on your MacBook. You can download and install TheOneSpy tracker app on a MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Mini.
- Your device must be running the MAC operating system 10.5+. Once you make sure that your device is compatible with the software, you can download it to the Mac computer.
- The software can be downloaded from the official website of the Mac tracking software.
- Install the Mac Monitoring Software
- Once you download the software on your Mac computer, install the tracking software.
- It is very simple to install the software on any Mac machine. You can seek help from tutorials available on the developer’s website explaining the user-friendly installation procedure.
- Know more: How to Convert Excel File to Outlook Address Book Step By Step
- Run the Online Control Panel
- After you have installed the tracking software on your Mac machine, you need to open the online control panel of the tracker.
- You can use any mobile phone or computer device to log into the online portal of the software.
- The online control panel lets you take screenshots on your Mac computer without having the device into possession.
- For instance, if you are away from your Mac machine, you can use your smartphone to open the online control panel and to send a command to the Mac computer for screenshots.
Send Command for a Screenshot in Mac
- After logging into the online control panel on any internet-enabled digital device, you can send a command to the targeted MacBook for screenshots.
- The user can select a number of screenshots to be taken and the interval to capture these screenshots.
- As the targeted Mac device receives a command for screenshots, it starts capturing the screen with predefined intervals.
- The tracker software installed on the computer device accesses and uploads these screenshots to the web portal of the software. The end-user can retrieve these screenshots anytime by logging into the online portal.
- Read more: The 9 Benefits of PDF
- I hope this article would help in learning ways to take a screenshot in MacBook, MacBook Pro, and Air with Touch Bar.
- If you have any comments or questions regarding the article on ‘how to screenshot on a Mac?’, then please share it with us. If you like the article then please share it on social profiles.