What to do when you lost your windows password ?
Its suprising but windows actually don’t have a csutome made software that makes it easy to recover your password . But there are other companies out there that produce software that can do it in minutes.
The website http://www.forgotcomputerpassword.com/ list a couple of easy to sue softwares.
The quickest and easiest way to get back into Windows after losing your password is to reset it online... but only if you have Windows 10 or Windows 8 and only if you use a Microsoft account to login. If that doesn't describe your situation, then you will need more help that that.
If you don't use Windows 10 or Windows 8, or do but login with a local account, the easiest way to get out of a "lost Windows password" predicament is to use your password reset disk -
When can windows help you reset your login password ?
Not sure if you login to Windows with a Microsoft account?
If you login with an email address, then you're using a Microsoft account. If you login with something other than an email address, like your name or some other handle, then you're using a local account and this method won't work
You can find more on this from their official website link here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14105/windows-8-what-to-do-if-forget-windows-password
Forgetting your password is never any fun, but luckily there’s a really easy way to reset the password. All you need is a copy of the Windows installation disk and one simple command line trick.
Forgotten your Laptop Pass ?
Its not only losing business that’s at risk when you forget your pass, but also being unable to reply to important emails, access important business and personal files on your computer, contact numbers – which all can affect you or slow your business down. You could easily miss out on a new job , if you had your resume in your laptop and it got locked.
Most people generally remember passwords when they use it frequently, this problem arises more when you haven’t used a pc or laptop in a while or then just reset your old password and cant seem to remember the newly reset password.
Whatever the case, if you use windows then you can easily reset your lost password with a custom made software. There are many tools and programs online that do this, but you would need once that is quick and easy to use. It should also be safe and not damage your files.
Accessing the computer as ‘administrator’
On Windows, there is a hidden account named Administrator. Most of the time, this account has no password set.
That means that you can start your computer with this account, open the Control Panel to delete or change the password of any users and fix your problem.
To do this requires a few simple steps:
- Boot your computer and immediately press on the F8 key repeatedly until your computer displays the boot menu.
- With the arrow keys, choose Safe Modeand press the Enter
- On the home screen click on Administrator.
- If you have no home screen, type Administrator and leave the password field as blank.
- Click on the Startmenu in the bottom left corner, go in the Control Panel, then in User Accounts you can change any user passwords easily.
This method may or may not work depending on which operating system you are running.
Windows 7 has a built-in password reset feature. But to access it, you have to do a little bit of groundwork.
This consists of creating a password recovery disk, which can be a removable USB drive.
- To begin, do a Windows Searchfor Password Reset Disk.
- You should see ‘Create a password reset disk’as your first option. Select it. This will open the Forgotten Password Wizard.
- An introductory screen appears which explains the basics - once you’ve read it, click next.
- You can select the disk that you want to use for password recovery. Since only removable drives can be used, only they will appear as an option which is where your USB stick should appear. Click on this.
- On the next screen you will have to enter your password. Do this and click next to begin creation of the password recovery disk.
- Resetting your Windows login is now easy. Just click the ‘reset password’ link below the login screen and follow the on-screen steps. You’ll have to select the appropriate disk and then enter a new password.
- Your computer should now be unlocked.
That said there are also lot more options. You can do your own research or you might want to consider one the following, all of which are popular:
- Brutus - Brutusis one of the most popular remote online password cracking tools. It claims to be the fastest and most flexible password cracking tool. It is free and is only available for Windows systems. And it’s been around a bit which, is a good sign - it released back in October 2000.
- Cain and Abel - Cain and Abelis a well-known password cracking tool that is capable of handling a variety of tasks. It’s only available for Windows platforms. It can crack encrypted passwords using something called the dictionary attack and it can also carry out brute force attacks, cryptanalysis attacks, uncover cached passwords, decode scrambled passwords and analyse routing protocols. It might be a bit heavyweight if all you’re trying to do is get into your computer – but then again if you want to learn about technology security it’s a box of magic tricks that will more than give you a feel for what some hackers get up to.
- John the Ripper - John the Ripperis another well-known free open source password cracking tool that is primarily aimed at Linux, Unix and Mac OS X. But a Windows version is also available. This tool can detect weak passwords. A pro version of the tool is also available, which offers better features.
Recover Windows 7 Forgotten Password with Windows Installation CD
Step 1: Boot from Installation CD.
As soon as you turn on PC, press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS setting screen in Windows 7. Move CD-ROM option to the first place of boot disk. Save and restart your PC, it will boot from CD instantly.
Step 2: Select Repair Windows and Get into Command Prompt.
When your computer boots from the CD, you should click repair your computer option, then choose Command Prompt from various options.
Step 3: Recover Windows 7 Password with Commands.
3-1 Type: copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\f
3-2 Type: copy /y c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
3-3 Exit installation CD, and reboot your PC.
Step 4: Reset Windows 7 Password.
While Windows login screen appears, press the Shift key 5 times to bring up the command line interface. Now type command net user <your name> <your new password> to reset windows 7 user password.
For example, net user isunshare 12345. That means password of "isunshare" would be reset to 12345.
Password reset work has finished so far. But sethc.exe has been covered. Now use the command c:\sethc.exe file back to c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe to restore the original sethc.exe file. After Windows 7 forgotten password reset with installation CD, reboot and get into Windows 7 computer with new password.
Clean Install Windows –
Doing a clean install of your Windows is the very last option you should try. It will mean actually losing all of your data and files. However, since it is an option which will gain you access to your computer, it has to be mentioned in this tutorial guide.
Here is the two software/tools Ii can recommend after my testing of these software’s
I used “Reset password pro” and it worked well, I later on got my friend to test out the “Password Resetter” which had a slightly different interface but it worked as well and did a good too.
Good luck to you!