The thing is, in the Word document it is not that simple how to type the degree symbol. Sure you can explore the symbol and copy-paste it in the document.
Of all the mysterious symbols, the degree symbol is generally used for a diversity of reasons like to write temperature, angles, etc.
However, knowing how to Insert a Degree Symbol without using third-party tools or other methods is very valuable. So, if you ever want it, here’s how you can insert the degree symbol in your word document.
Type Degree ° Symbol in Word
There are many ways to insert a degree symbol in a word document. In this post, I will show the three most easy and sure ways to type a degree symbol. Follow the method you like. The good thing is, all three methods are pretty easy to remember.
1. Degree Symbol in Word Keyboard Shortcut
The simplest way to type a degree symbol in a word document is to use the keyboard shortcut. When you want to type a degree symbol, place the cursor where you require it in the word document and press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + @ and then Space.
In case you are staring, the Space key should be pressed shortly after the first shortcut. Yes, it is a weird shortcut, but it gets the job done. So, all is good.
2. Use the Insert Degree Symbol Option in Word
Word has a commitment segment to insert a description of symbols including the degree symbol. All you have to do is find the number and insert it.
1. Open the Word document and place the cursor where you want to insert the degree symbol. Next, match on the Insert tab and then click on the Symbol -> More Symbols option.
2. The above action will open the Symbols window. Here, find the degree symbol, select it and click on the Insert button. You can find the degree symbol right beneath the alphabet. You don’t have to scroll far down.
3. As soon as you press the Insert button, the degree symbol will be inserted. When you select a symbol, the window will show the identical keyboard shortcut, if available. If you want to, you can specify or change the shortcut by clicking on the Shortcut Key button.
3. Copy Degree Symbol from Windows
Character Map Tool Just as Word has a Symbols feature, Windows has a built-in tool called Character Map that gives you a list of all kinds of symbols. Let me show you how to use the character map tool to include degree symbols in a Word document.
1. First, open the start menu, search for Character Map and click on it. Alternatively, you can also use the command charmap in the Run dialog box.
2. The above action will open the Character Map tool. Here, select the Advanced View checkbox. Next, type degree in the “Search for:” field and click on the Search button.
3. As soon as you click the button, the Character Map tool will show the degree symbol. Now, select the degree symbol and click on the Select button.
4. Next, click on the Copy button to copy the degree symbol to the clipboard. Once drawn, you can paste the degree symbol anywhere you want, including in the Word document. That is all. It is that simple to type the degree symbol in a Word document. If you have any questions or to share your methods, comment below.
How to Make a Degrees Symbol in Power Point
Knowing how to insert special characters or symbols in a PowerPoint presentation for your small business can give your presentation a polished appearance.
Even if you know where to locate the collection of symbols and special characters within PowerPoint, having to sift through all of the options to find one specific character can result in wasted time. If you know the character code associated with your character or symbol, such as the code for the degree symbol, you can save yourself a lot of time.
Step 1 - Click to place the cursor at the point where you want to insert a degree symbol.
Step 2 - Click the "Insert" tab on the ribbon.
Step 3 - Click the "Symbol" button in the Symbols section to open the Symbol dialog box.
Step 4 - Click the "From" drop-down arrow and then select "ASCII (decimal)." Enter "176" in the Character Code field. The degree symbol will automatically be selected.
Step 5 - Click "Insert" and then click "Close." The degree symbol will be inserted within the text box.
Make sure you use these methods next time to add a degree symbol to your text on your device. You can also open the different symbols on your keyboard and enter them more easily if you need them. It's so easy to find the alternatives of typing a degree symbol to your text editor with our special article.