Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to start something with the right guidance, then the LPG gas dealership is the opportunity to be your boss. The dependency on LPG gas has increased in the past couple of decades. From kitchens to industries, the use of LPG is ubiquitous, this is why the growth curve is exponential in this sector.
Indian LPG sector is divided into government-run companies and private companies. The government-run companies include IOCL, BPCL, and HPCL, these companies offer gas agency dealerships through tender whose information is released on daily mail. While private gas agencies offer dealerships to expand their network and increase the availability of LPG gas in the market.
So, is starting a gas agency easy?... The answer is twofold, both yes and no. Getting a private gas agency dealership in Kolkata is hassle-free if only you fulfill the eligibility criteria approved by the gas agency.
As we all know LPG gas is flammable and needs to be carefully operated. So, for the safety of valuable life of people, the government has set out some eligibility criteria for providing LPG gas dealerships.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must have passed Xth standard from recognized board or equivalent.
- Candidate must contain any one of the documents Passport, Voter Id, AADHAR, or Driving Licence for proof of address.
- Own a plot for the construction of a godown or LPG cylinder storage room.
- The candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 60 years on the date of submitting the application form.
The candidate who fulfills the eligibility criteria can submit an application form. The government-run LPG gas company application can be downloaded from the website of OMCs, while for private LPG gas dealerships you can visit the official website.