How To Make Sure Your Child Gets Proper Financial Support From Your Ex-Husband


One of the most important things when it comes to raising a child following a divorce is getting the financial support that your kid deserves. Many ex-husbands, for a myriad of reasons, don’t continue the payments that they’re legally obligated to make past the first few times. When the checks stop coming, that’s when family solicitors East Ham have to step in to assist you. 

Research shows that many ex-husbands either don’t honor the financial terms of their divorce settlements or don’t continue after the first few successful times that they do so. Not only is this infuriating for you, it may also be tough for the child who depends on you and the financial support that you’re entitled to get. 

Divorce Attorneys and Solicitors Can Help

Many divorcees, completely disconnecting themselves from their ex-husband is an important step that they have to take in order to move on completely. This could lead to the difficulty of trying to solicit the funds that they need in order to raise their child properly. That’s why it’s important for you to look for divorce solicitors East Ham when you experience this. 

They will be able to help you look at the legal steps that you can take in order to make your non-paying ex-make good with their obligation for spousal support. You will be told what you’re owed from the money that you did not receive from previous months. After that, you will have a general idea of what to do just in case it happens again. 

It should be noted that most ex-husbands who didn’t make good on their obligations before didn’t attempt to do it again when they family solicitors East Ham came into the picture. This can be attributed to the effectiveness of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs). They’re what most divorce attorneys use when push comes to shove for ex-husbands that refuse to provide support payments. 

Figuring Out How Much You Are Owed

The divorce settlement agreement usually specifies how much you are owed. However, it can be confusing to try and figure out which figures go to where and when. If you are having a tough time understanding these things, you should look for the advice of a professional. You will be able to prevent yourself from stepping in the wrong direction moving forward. 

Different methods and schemes of how you can receive the funds for your child can also be done if your ex-husband is legally required to distance themselves from you. You will be able to put a barrier between you and your ex-husband while still having the ability to get the funds that you and your child are owed. 

While your case is pending, the judge can use a QDRO to get you temporary support. It’s tough trying to make do with what you have especially if where you get your funds from is cut off temporarily. With the assistance of an attorney, you can request for temporary support.