In today's world, it is one of the most popular fields for students and engineers.
Aeronautical Engineering is the branch of engineering which trains an engineer for designing, testing, analyzing, and manufacturing flight-capable machines and aircraft. The flight-capable machines consist of drones, jets, satellites, helicopters, missiles, and spacecraft. This also helps the engineers to maintain and design the various components of aircraft.
Aeronautical engineering is the deep study of Aeronautics. Aeronautics comes from two Greek words, ‘Aer’ and ‘Nautike’.
The Aer word means Air, and the Nautike word means Navigation of the Air.
The candidates of Aeronautical field not only create the flight machines but also use their skills for creating energy-efficient machines in the market. The applicants are also responsible for ensuring that the machines satisfy the environmental and safety measures. They inspect the portion and also make changes in the portion if required.
You can check for Aeronautical engineering study streams in top aircraft engineering colleges in India. Those candidates who are pursuing aeronautical engineering are specialized in the following various fields:
- Aerodynamics and Fluid dynamics
- Automatic Control system and Navigational guidance
- Instrumentation and Communication
Skills Required for Aeronautical Engineering
Following are the various skills that are required for every candidate who is pursuing Aeronautical engineering:
- Speed and accuracy of the candidate must be good.
- Candidates must have strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Candidate is creative and has the ability to do things in alternative ways.
- Candidates must have a presentation, leadership, and communication skills.
- He/she must be able to work in a team but also have leadership qualities.
Eligibility Criteria for Aeronautical Engineering Study
The applicant or candidate who wants to take admission in Aeronautical engineering must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The main eligibility criteria for Aeronautical engineering is that the applicant must qualify 10+2 with a minimum of 70-75% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidate with having Computer Science subject in the place of chemistry is also eligible to take admission. Applicants with the equivalent qualification are also eligible to take admission.
- In INDIA, if you want to get admission to B.tech college for an aeronautical engineering course, you are required to pass 10+2 with science and JEE Main exam.
- Those applicants who have successfully completed their bachelor's degree can take admission in Postgraduate.
- Those candidates who qualified their B.Sc. with PCM are eligible to get admission into the second year of the Aeronautical Engineering Program.
Jobs Prospects for Aeronautical Engineers
In India, a qualified aeronautical engineer can get a good job in both the private and government sector. Following are the few top recruiters of Aeronautical engineering:
- Air India
- Armed forces
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Indian Airlines
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
Salary of an Aeronautical Engineer
In the private sector, the average salary of an Aeronautical engineer in India is between 5 lakh to 6 lakh per annum. And, the salary in the government sector for the aeronautical engineer is determined on the basis of a specific post.
The future scope of Aeronautical engineering in abroad is good. They get the initial package of $70000 to $1,00,000 per annum.
It all begins with your interest, passion and having the eligibility criteria for getting admission in top aircraft engineering colleges in India, and then you should be practically equip yourself with knowledge and skills to foray into this field.