Easy steps to fix the issue of Firewall Blocking Driver Install or Printer Function
While sending some documents or any print jobs to a network printer, people may come across an error message showing that Windows cannot connect to the printer. Sometimes that is escorted by a message showing that Access is denied, although other times, only the error is shown. There are many possible reasons to why it displays on Windows, yet it generally depends on the configuration.
Here are the reliable steps to fix this annoying error. Perform the method serial wise. User can also contact HP Support to get in the details. Experts will resolve the issue in no time. They are certified engineers having detailed knowledge of the product.
The main causes of this error
To fix the error, the user needs to know the main cause of the occurrence of this error.
- User is not comfortable to install the printer software.
- After installation of printer software in the computer and laptop, the user cannot find the printer on the network.
- There is a doubt that some constituents of HP printer work while other parts do not execute the most appropriate functions.
- Profit in this situation does not let the user to make some justified change.
- Printer gives the immediate message the printer won’t print next timeline.
- The printer says not connected even though the printer is not connected to the network.
- Firewall blocking driver install or printer function.
Reliable steps to fix this interruptive error
Execute the given steps to fix this error permanently.
- Temporarily disable the firewall
Using HP Print and Scan Doctor, temporarily restrict the firewall to determine if it is blocking driver installation or printer operations.
- Download and execute HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Click on Network in the HP Print and Scan Doctor window.
- Click on Troubleshooting Firewalls in the drop-down menu.
- Hit the name of any firewall software that has an Allowed status, and then click on Disable. Do this until all the firewalls are disabled.
- When all firewalls are disabled, fitthe printer software or use printer.
- If the installation is completed, enable the firewall again in the Print and Scan Doctor. For impending installs, the user can either temporarily disable the firewall every time, or they can move forward to the next step and organize the firewall to allow HP programs.
- If the printer functionality returned, enable the firewall again in the Print and Scan Doctor, and then proceed to the next step and configure the firewall to permit HP programs.
- If the connection failed or the printer still does not function correctly, then the firewall software is not the cause of this issue. Enable the firewall again in the Print and Scan Doctor, and then go for the issue on HP Customer Support to continue troubleshooting.
- Configure the firewall
Anti-virus and computer security programs, such as Norton And McAfee, include firewall software that supervises communications to the computer for threats. Perform the steps below
- Configure firewall settings in Windows Defender
- Configure firewall settings in other security software
If the problem persists, contact HP Printer Support Phone Number to get the best solution to the problem. Professionals will help the user to sort out the entire problem.